Our business is growing so an opportunity for a talented, ambitious and self-motivated PHP/WordPress developer to join our team has become available. You’ll support the build and ongoing maintenance of our growing portfolio of client web sites.
This role will involve the design and build of multiple WordPress sites across a wide range of industry sectors. Primary duties will include: –
- Build responsive and cross browser custom-design WordPress templates.
- WordPress e-commerce integration (particularly Woocommerce and its related suite of plugins).
- Updating and on-going site maintenance.
- Hosting set-up and site deployment.
- Building Mailchimp templates.
- Linux Server management.
Successful Candidates will:
- Be competent in web development.
- Have a solid understanding of HTML-CSS-PHP-Wordpress.
- Will have a portfolio of work to present upon interview.
- Possess natural creative flair.
- Have good web design ability.
- A good sense of initiative and desire to work.
- Highly attentive, patient and hardworking.
- Process a fine attention to detail (layout proportions, typography, CSS transitions, etc).
- The ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Always on the lookout for new trends and technologies.
- Friendly inquisitive nature and a team player.
- Strong understanding of MySQL.
- Experience with responsive web design.
- Excellent knowledge of cross browser and mobile issues.
- Sound programming ability using PHP, MYSQL.
- Comfortable with GIT/SVN version control.
- API Development and integration.
- LAMP experience.
Desirable but non-essential:
- Understanding of Magento.
- Previous experience or understanding of APP development technologies such as Phone Gap, Sencha Touch or JQTouch.
- Have a good knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator
Overall the most important attribute for us is for the candidate to have the correct attitude and a sound work ethic with the ability to work in situations where the resolutions are unclear.
Why Work for 3mil
We like to think we are a down-to-earth bunch who are hard-working, approachable and most importantly we’re people. Made up of a close-knit team we rely solely on good old fashioned team work, reliability and versatility. Not every day is the same at the 3mil office and with new projects starting and old ones finishing there is always something to do (you can thank our large portfolio for that!).
We take on each project with a proactive work-ethic, personal ethos and forward thinking mind set making our office a very innovative and fast-paced environment to work in. We may be a smaller team but we are never short on what we can deliver; working with us would mean that you too can deliver large agency results with small agency personal touches.
Before applying it is important to note that we can only consider applications from EU citizens and those legally entitled to work in the UK. Also we consider direct applications only – no recruitment agencies please!